Where can I Recycle Items
Our trash hauler does not accept glass bottles for recycling. For items not collected, you can click here
to locate a nearby facility for the items you would like to recycle. Glass (bottles, glass from picture frames, jars etc.) may be recycled in the Ripple Glass (purple) bins which most recently was located on the west side of the Price Chopper Supermarket parking lot on Quivira RD and 135th ST
What should I know about trash/yard waste/recycling pick-up?
The cost for trash, recycle and yard waste collection is included as a part of your annual homes association dues. Three separate trucks drive through the neighborhood on Wednesdays to provide the three separate services: Trash, Recycling, and Yard Waste Removal. Wheeled carts are provided at no charge.
Policies for Trash Recycle & Yard Waste Pickup
- Our trash contract covers collection of up to 96-gallons of household trash per week per home, unlimited recyclable materials and yard waste (9 bag limit but unlimited bags in the Fall) placed into paper bags.
- Our collection day is Wednesday, If a holiday occurs on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, the trash collection will be delayed by one day.
- Place carts at the curb by 7:00 am.
- Place trash and yard waste on one side of your driveway and yard waste (maximum 9 bags yard waste) on the opposite side.
- Place the carts at the end of your driveway
- Insure that there is clear access to the carts from the street as our trash vendor Town and Country Disposal uses trucks equipped with an automated arm to reach out, pick-up and empty the carts. If your cart is blocked by a parked car, it will not be emptied.
- Please place the carts side by side, not behind one another, to facilitate automated lifting and emptying
- A maximum of 96-gallons of household trash will be collected from each residence each week. Typically this means one 96-gallon trash cart will be emptied. This limit is waived during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday week. If you have more than 96-gallons (equivalent to three 33-gallon plastic bags), the extra bags must have extra-rash stickers on them. These stickers may be purchased from WCA (formerly Town and Country Disposal) 816-380-5595.
- Construction waste or materials require a special collection; please call WCA to schedule a special pick-up (fee dependent on volume and type of materials). Please do not dispose of construction materials in the normal trash carts.
- Our contract includes a no-charge pick up of one non-electrical, bulky item per month (e.g., mattresses, BBQ grill, chair, couch). Please call at least 48 hours in advance to schedule the pick up
- Appliances, hot water heaters or any item with a motor can also be collected, but incur a small charge. Call WCA (formerly Town and Country Disposal) 816-380-5595 to schedule.
- Please visit our web page to request a larger/smaller size cart.
- Trash carts are available in 96, and 65 gallon sizes
- Recycle carts (blue lids) are available in 65 and 45 gallon sizes
- Click here to view the list of allowed recyclable materials
- Place all materials the cart with a blue lid
- Do not place Glass jars or bottles in the recycle carts. IF glass is found, the cart will not likely be emptied
- Glass containers and bottles may be recycled at
- The Overland Park Recycling Center at 11921 Hardy (behind the Fire Station and Time Warner Cable).
- Purple Ripple Glass Bins in the parking lots of Price Chopper at 135th ST and Quivira RD or Whole Foods, 6621 W 119th St
- Normal Limit is 9 paper bags or tied-bundles. Unlimited bags or bundles during the Fall season.
- Place loose yard waste in paper yard-waste bags, available from most hardware stores.
- Cut tree branches and limbs less than 4 inches in diameter into lengths not to exceed 4 feet and tie into bundles. Loose tree branches may not be collected.
Damaged or Replacement Carts
- Please complete the Trash Cart Request form on our webpage to request an exchange to a larger/smaller cart or to request that a damaged cart be replaced.
- New carts are delivered on Wednesdays, by a special pick-up truck, not the normal trash truck.
- Place the cart of be replaced at the curb with a sing FOR PICK UP and leave it there for the afternoon. If not replaced that week, it will be replaced on the next Wednesday.
Updated November 28, 2016
How do I report an issue with trash/recyclable or yard waste collection?
Complete a Request ticket here
How do I request a Wheeled Trash or Recycle Cart?
Please click here
to complete and send the request for a trash or recycle poly cart.
When is the trash/recycling/yard waste collected?
WCA provides trash, recycling and yard waste collection service on Wednesdays. Trash collection will be delayed one day if either Christmas or New Year's Day falls on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.
All items should be placed at the curb by 7:00 am. The homes association annual dues cover this service.
Please help to keep our neighborhood clean by securing items in the recycling carts to avoid litter in your neighbors yards, and store trash bins in your garage. Per Overland Park Ordinance, if stored outside trash bins must not be visible from the street.
What materials can I Recycle?
to view the list of items that are collected.
Where can I recycle Glass?
Glass containers are not collected by our trash hauler, however there are two nearby locations where you can drop off glass for recycling (no charge):
- Ripple Glass (the purple bins) located in the Price Chopper parking lot (just near the south end of the parking lot) at 135th ST and Quivira. Click here to view the locations.
- Overland Park Recycling Center, 11921 Hardy, just south of 119th St south of the Fire Station. See map here:
You can also contract separately for regular recycled glass pick-up with KC Curbside Glass for $10 per month (2 pick-ups per month). Details and contact information available here